This private tour we will give you the opportunity to see and photograph the wildlife of Romania. We start with the wonderful Danube Delta biosphere, with over 3500 animal species and over 1,800 plant species, which make up nearly 30 different ecosystems. Then we move to the mountainous area of Romania, the Piatra Craiului Mountains and the Harghita Mountains, where we meet the largest mammal of Romania, the brown bear, which we will photograph in the wild, in special bear hides.
Day 1 – Arrival to Bucharest and transfer by minibus to Tulcea. Boat transfer from Tulcea to Mila 23. Accommodation and dinner at the guest house.
Day 2 – Photo session at sunrise. Breakfast at the guest house; photo tour on the canals and lakes of the Danube in search of water birds until sunset (with lunch-box). Accommodation and dinner at the guest house.
Day 3 – Photo session at sunrise. Breakfast at the guest house; a full day photo tour on the canals of the Danube, exploring the less visited places where wild birds live. The group will be accompanied by an ornithologist guide who will help identify the birds we encounter. Lunch in the village of Letea. Visit Letea Forest – Nature Monument, and photograph wild horses, if possible. In the evening, photos at sunset. Accommodation and dinner at the guest house.
Day 4 – After breakfast, transfer from Mila 23 to Tulcea and then to Tusnad Baths. Duration of transfer: 7-8 hours by car/minibus. Lunch on the road. Accommodation and dinner at the guest house
Day 5 – Photo session at sunrise on the shores of Lake St. Ana. Packed breakfast. Photo tour in the Harghita Mountains area. Lunch at the guest house. Photo session of wild bears. Dinner and accommodation at guest house.
Day 6 – Sunrise photo session at Mohos Bog. Breakfast at the guesthouse. Photo tour in the Harghita Mountains area. Lunch at the guest house. Photo session of wild bears. Dinner and accommodation at the guest house.
Day 7 – Transfer to Brasov. Visit the medieval city. Evening photo session of the wild bears in Taga Mountains and Postavarul / Piatra Mare Mountains
Day 8 – Breakfast, transfer from Brasov to Bucharest airport.
Please note: Bear hides have access to up to 8 photographers. In the case of a group of more than 6 photographers, the hide can be reserved for a double shooting session: in the evening and in the morning. In this case the accommodation is made in bivouac conditions (sleeping bag). Dinner and breakfast will be packed. The bear hide from Brasov allows access to only 3-4 photographers at a time. If the group of photographers is greater than 4, they will be divided into two different bear hides.
Price: 1325 EUR/person/in double room (group 6-8 pax)
Price: 1450 EUR/person/in double room (group 4-5 pax)
Price: 1950 EUR/person/in double room (group 3 pax)
Price: 2150 EUR/person/in double room (2 pax)
Price: 2750 EUR (1 person, accommodation in single room)
Single room supplememt: 125 EUR/person
Deposit: 800 Eur
The number of accepted participants: 8
- transfer from Otopeni by car / minibus (depending on the size of the group);
- boat transfer from Tulcea port to Mila 23 and back;
- boat rental 18 hours / day;
- full board accommodation in 2* or 3* guesthouses (beginning on day 1 at dinner and ending on day 8 at breakfast);
- ornithologist guide;
- transfer by car / minibus for the following routes: Tulcea – Baile Tusnad; Baile Tusnad – Brasov; Brasov – airport.
- photography instructor – Mihai Moiceanu.
Price does not include:
- drinks other than water
- international flight
- travel insurance
- optional activity – overnighting at the bear hide. For a group of more than 6 photographers, the hide can be reserved for 24 hours with two photographic sessions: in the evening and in the morning.
Advance payment until: 26.02.2019
Final payment until: 26.04.2019
The payment can be made only from external accounts by transfer in our account open at ING Bank Bucharest. After booking you will receive the details of the transfer.
In order to confirm the participation, there is a deposit required of 800EUR/person, to be paid 3 months in advance.
Cancellation of participation for our tours can only be done in writing at: email@example.com; the following amounts will be retained to cover organisational expenses:
– between 60 and 45 days before the start of the tour, a 10% of the total value will be retained.
– between 45 and 31 days before the start of the tour, a 50% of the total value will be retained.
– 30 to 14 days before the start of the tour: 70% of the total value will be retained.
– less than 14 days or if the participant is a no-show, we will retain the full amount of the tour.
- the DSLR or mirrorless photo camera
- the lenses you have; for wildlife photography preferably lenses with focal of 300 mm
- filters and accessories
- declansator cu cablu sau telecomanda
- spare accumulators
- memory cards, and stocking HDD
- 3 seasons trekking boots
- long pants of light material
- long sleeve shirt
- gore-tex wind jacket
- mountain sandals for flooded areas of Delta
- polartec jacket
- technical T-shirts
- sun glasses with UV factor of minimum 50 %
The colour of your clothing should be neutral in comparison with the environment. Do not wear white caps or hats.
Dear Mihai, Thanks for the beautiful places, photography learning, the amazing soups, homemade foods. I enjoyed everything here. Thanks again
When I entered the PB world I lived and worked in Romania already for nearly 3 years and I would call this country The Milestone in my photographic life. Not only that I started there with digital photography but I was also lucky to meet Mihai Moiceanu, one of the best photographers of Romania who taught me a lot during his workshops, especially about landscape shooting. From him I learnt that sunrise shooting requires to be sur place long before it happens and that the best motifs don't come to you but you have to go there. So we did and walked a lot in the Transylvanian mountain. Thanks Mihai, I owe you a lot!
Thank you so much for an enjoyable trip. We loved getting to know Romania through your eyes. If you ever come to Florida, be sure to look us up!